Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Snack" - SOLD

I have actually tried to paint apples in a baggie before, but never with success. I think tonights is a good-enough-to-post painting. I had to paint the apples as if they were just sitting there in open air. Then once all the color is down, I started to put down the white lines (highlights). The painting still did not look that great so I used a half inch brush and started to knock back some of the apple and bag to get some better edges and hopefully the appearance of looking through plastic.

4 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

I think it looks good. I like the subject. I wonder how many baggies parents go through a year (for snacks)?

Diana Marshall said...

brilliant painting, so clever and I also like the previous post of the tomatoes they look good enough to eat. I really learn a lot by studying great artists.

Mike said...

Hey Aaron! This one is genius! Yes, genius. It takes some authentic honesty to exalt something as mudane as a plastic bag to the realm of beauty.

Way to go !!! :-))

Angela Sullivan said...

Looks just like apples in a baggie. Sharp and crisp.