Friday, January 23, 2009

"Stroll" - SOLD

I have wanted to try some different lighting lately, and I think I really liked how this one lit. I actually used two different lights bulbs. One light is just a regular daylight bulb, and the second is a pink bulb that gives off a warm, soft, and sort of reddish color. I really liked the color produced by the two lights together, and I think I will try it again. The actual photo of this painting doesn't show the subtlety of the table top too well, but there are three sheets of paper.

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Aaron,

I totally see what you mean about the
light. It is warm and moody. Nice.

Take care,

Barbara

Mary Bullock said...

What a great idea - pink light!
Mary

r garriott said...

Nice idea to vary the lighting!

Dec. 2 you posted the 'Yellow Peppers' and commented that getting the color correct in the photo was difficult. In writing up some Photoshop tips, I came across an easier way to correct that in a monochromatic painting-- I also had a primarily yellow painting 1/23. See if it might be helpful.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this.