Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Blue Refraction" - SOLD

I always like how glass will throw in some really dark greens and blues. I did, however, have a really hard time getting one blue in particular. I think I need to get a phthalo green and see if that will work. You know what color I am taking about. It is the one that is as light as a highlight, but as colorful as if straight out of the tube. It's the impossible color.


Mary Sheehan Winn said...

My teacher used to say. "okay, get out your tube of WN screaming highlight." :)
Do you use thalo blue? I always have and it does make nice turquoise-y green-y blue, type colors.
I love the crisp edges and the translucence of your paintings.

Ed Terpening said...

I don't generally use phalo green either, but I know it's really powerful. I have a class with Kevin Weckbach in a few weeks, and he's recommended it for his class, so I'll soon have more experience. I'll post on my blog the week of 2/27.

Austin Maloney said...

Hi Aaron,
As one of my favorite blogs, I am giving you an art blog award. It can be copied from my blog at You are asked to list 7 things that you love and give the award to 7 other artblogs.



Barbara M. said...

Hi Aaron,

I don't know the colour you mean, but
I know the problem. A fabulous painting.

Take care,


Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Your no. 1 fan in Cleveland OH has revealed her admiration for your work on her blog...and tagged you for which she does humbly apologize.