Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Three More" - SOLD

I think it's kind of interesting how after a while our approach can feel a bit stale, and it's nice to try something new. Before two weeks ago I was throwing a lot of paint up fast, and not worrying too much (but enough) about where it landed. Then I would go into the painting and "fix" the placement of my objects. It's a fun way to paint, but it does have some limitations. I got to the point where I felt I was taking to much time fighting the painting back into place, and sometimes the drawing was compromised. However, lately I have been trying to be more deliberate about where I place each brush mark. I figure I have two chances to draw each object correctly, once on the edge of each object and once on the edge of whatever is behind. So, the new approach is to slow down a bit, and make each mark count.

6 comments:

Annie Salness said...

Aaron, I appreciate your comments about making each mark count. I have been vacillating between trying to keep my brush strokes fresh and not over working it, and taking more time and being more deliberate so I don't have to fix it later. It is a fine line! But, one of the reasons I love your work is because of your brushwork and your edges! You're definitely doing something right!

Diane Hoeptner said...

gooooooorgeous, so unique, love everything you do

Vikki North said...

Hello Fair Artist who paints shiny green apples,

We have been watching you. We are artist also. At least that's what they call us. You may even know us. We'd like to invite you to a member of our very Private Club. We're very selective and only an elite few are welcome on our hallowed grounds. We pick you.

We even have a little 'chit chat' room just for the likes of you. It's rightfully called Dante's Pub. But when your enter BEWARE! You are entering the abyss of the artist mind! You may not find your way out.

You're welcome to watch from afar while drinking your brew or pull up a chair and join us for a little chat. Be sure and register and then log in. After all, this is a very private club. We don't allow just any wanderer in our midst.

Don't dilly dally now! It wont cost you a pence. Check out The Artist Challenge and Dante's Pub- that is if your daring and think yourself worthy to be amongst the souls we've claimed?

Farewell...until we hear from you,
Master Mike and the Pub Wench

Artist Challenge- http://www.theartistchallenge.com/
Dante‘s Pub - http://www.theartistchallenge.com/art-forum/

Chris Rohrbach said...

Aaron, you have some very nice work and I understand what you're saying about the process of arriving there. With my paintings I tend to work with one approach until it's not working for me then I switch back then I return it's an ongoing and welcome challenge.

Larry Brooks said...

Hi Aaron,
I noticed your blog (and work) a while ago. I like the freshness and immediacy you get in your paintings.
I sometimes start to lose that in my own as I finish them, so I often check yours out to remind me. BTW, I put a link to your blog on my own (just started it recently) Feel free to reciprocate!

Larry Brooks

Becky Joy said...

Aaron, Love your work, clean and pure. Lots of energy, but restrained. Great