Friday, April 17, 2009

"Opening" - SOLD

I had to race time with the petals on this one. In fact every time I try to paint tulips they all tend to move a lot. When I brought these inside they were closed and with the heat and light in my studio they started opening. I actually put a different light on this one, hoping that it would slow down the change. This is about mid-point and actually once I finished they were completely open. So, I didn't get a great chance to go back into the petals, and just left them as they were. But...I'm still happy with this.

6 comments:

Marilyn Eger said...

Hi Aaron, I watch your blog regularly and really love your wonderful loose use of paint and fabulous edge control!!!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Aaron,

I like the energy both in the vase and tulips and in the background. You're doing something new and vibrant with that green!

Jala Pfaff said...

It's beautiful and I love the vivid red/green complementary.

Leslie Saeta said...

Love it, love it, love it. Your loose style is fantastic!

PainterLee said...

I am crazy about your brushstrokes...makes me want to switch brushes! My favorite part of this is the light on the left side of the flower in the back...so subtle.

Amy Stewart said...

Wow! That green is incredible! Really lovely.