Thursday, October 11, 2007

"The Gentleman and the Bottle" - SOLD

“Chaos in the world brings uneasiness, but it also allows the opportunity for creativity and growth.” ~Tom Barrett

I was talking to a friend of mine about artists who have "made it". Meaning they have reached a fair amount of success and recognition in a short amount of time. During the conversation I remembered a comment by one of my teachers concerning bad paintings. He said, "Bad paintings are a good thing. They indicate we are still experimenting. We should never stop experimenting". Whats nice about experimenting is our chance to get a really great painting, but we also chance failure. We came to the conclusion that we never wanted to "make it" but continue to make bad, and good, paintings.

3 comments:

Hello! said...

Is that a Weeble in your painting? I haven't played with those in ages! This painting brings back loads of childhood memories :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

I hope your not calling this a bad painting-I think it has a lot of character!

Gary Dombrowski said...

What a great painting. I like the Lego gentleman.~Gary