Friday, April 11, 2008

"Boost" - SOLD

I will be the first to admit my lack of creativity with titles. If it were up to me I would probably name all my paintings 'Untitled 1', 'Untitled 2', etc. But I realize there is a chance to redefine a painting with a good title, or even give the painting more stare-time with a clever tag. So...if anyone ever has a good replacement title, I will certainly consider it.

Now, some might see the bottom object as an orange. And who could blame you. My camera just is not capturing the more subtle red and is instead translating the color to a more orange appearance. Sorry. Trust me it is more red in person.

9 comments:

Mark Nott said...

Hey I personally love that title

All About M.E.('s) said...

It looks like an apple to me. I don't think that you give yourself enough credit with your chosen titles. I think they are all quite clever/creative!!! (three exclamation points for you-because I know that you triple love them!!!!!!!!!!)

Ed Terpening said...

Very creative composition. Love it. Looking to buy one soon.

Lynne said...

Aaron, your titles are really great. So don't bug yourself over that...they just fit in a lovely humorous sort of way. And your paintings are delightful and so YOU!
Lynne

Don Gray said...

Another really nice one--great job!

Zachary said...

I'm with Mark and Mindy on this one...I think your titles fit perfectly. Keep it up!

Jack Riddle said...

Aaron--your titles are just right. One word works, plus the image gives us 999 more. Re your question about blacks: I learned to mix Ultramarine blue, Alizaron crimson and burnt umber. Nice rich black which you can shade to any of the 3 colors with a bit more of each.
Love your work!

Solvay said...

clearly an apple - not an orange. no question!!!
: )

Solvay said...

oh - and, i like your titles a lot. creatively spare - and, they add a sort of tangential dimension to the paintings. and they are refreshingly unsyrupy and "un-artsy" in their creativity. yes, i like your titles a lot.