Monday, October 6, 2008

"Chances" - SOLD

I have been trying to reduce my philosophy on art...at least my own art. I think it is fun to see how little I can do to create the illusion of the object. But, at the same time too little can also be a turn off. So, it becomes a balance of how much information to put down before stopping. I have been interested in that idea for a while. I think there are some great artists out there who do this better than I, but I am having fun trying.

Speaking of great artists...I came across an artist worth checking out. Her name is Deb Sterk. She truly is a daily painter.

4 comments:

milindmulick said...

WOW..!

Mark Bridges said...

Hey Aaron, the less is more. When you use medium, do you make a separate puddle of paint and medium or do you just mix it all in one pile on the pallet?

aaronlifferth said...

I do have a separate pile of medium. The problem is a little goes a long way and sometimes I use too much.

Ike said...

Deb Sterk's painting "A Perfect Wave" seems to capture what you're talking about. But I like what you've got going here.

I've also always been a fan of the way some Asian Art uses negative space and even less color ... similar but not the same, I know. But this is an interesting "kung".